Friday 25 January 2013

Puzzling World, Wanaka

Well, I'm back from my holidays and must say I had a good time. One of the highlights was:


Puzzling World Wanaka

Click the name to go to the web-site




Good friend @CapitanoAmazing recommended Wanaka as a "must see" and we were passing that way so we stopped and had a look around.

We dropped in to Puzzling World for a quick visit on our 10 hour drive from Queenstown to Christchurch via Fox Glacier - and ended up staying for almost 2 hours.



The maze and the beautiful Wanaka scenery


Yours truly looking totally confused


We started in the maze - and yes, if it was a competition, then I came last. But I did get value for money, visiting most parts of the maze several times.



Found this sign several times


I tried the old "always turn left" strategy for escaping from a maze but it didn't work here - too many internal loops - and there were 4 towers you had to visit before you got out. Anyway it kept me entertained for a considerable time.





The other really interesting part of Puzzling World are the Illusion Rooms. I'm always keen on a good illusion and there were plenty here to explore.




One of those funky funky rooms that distort perspective



A nice reflecting image





And there was Winston - watching you as you moved around the room



Anyway, a great place to visit and lots to see. Certainly a place to take the kids if you are ever passing through the South Island of New Zealand.







The mandatory "Look, I'm holding up the building!" photo











No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments you would like to make?